Sunday, December 21, 2008

Odd Sundays & Callowness

I don't quite know what to do with myself today.

Thoughts are too incoherent to make a whole.


I am still avoiding You...
I painted my nails the color of Christmas, a happy red, far from how I actually feel.
I painted them on a Will Smith vinyl. And was almost done with the second hand before I realized that that is all I ever do with that record, which is rather disrespectful. Decided to put it on...Learned it was better for the nails.
I had an entire conversation with my dad today. And it didn't end in tears.
But a game of "Blurt" with Laura did.
Those crazy, hormonal thoughts had me sobbing about not knowing words--and yet I was an English major. It was disheartening irony.
I smoked a cigarette and oil pasteld a superman symbol on Victor's extremely belated birthday card. I then preceded to write him a poem of awful cheesiness.
I ate potatoes out of can and cooked broccoli for dinner. Potatoes..from a can.
I refused to read Ester or Job today.
Finished Blue Like Jazz instead.

"God risked Himself on me. I will risk myself on you. And together we will learn to love, and perhaps then, and only then, understand this gravity that drew Him, unto us." -Donald Miller

No comments: