Friday, January 8, 2010

Resolutions of the 2010 Persuasion

Okay, so maybe I'm a little late on these, but forgive me--I was avoiding that whole failure vibe that will no doubt haunt me come March.

75% of New Years Resolutions fail, you know. Or at least thats what a Home Improvement commercial just told me. And Tim the ToolMan wouldn't lie.

Looking back, I'd say 2009 was probably my sickest year yet. I'm talking swollen lips(I'm allergic to mangoes apparently),3 days in bed because of a "noisy" head--you'd have to ask the pills what that meant,iron shots, iron pills, back issues, arm issues, "broken" toes, ear infections, food poisoning, I can keep going.
Surely then, my first resolution would be along the lines of health- take a daily vitamin, eat more vegetables, exercise, etc.

Wrong. I started a three day diet of nothing but grilled chicken and vegetables yesterday.Guess what I came home and made for dinner? Tacos.

Instead, I'm keeping it complicatedly simple with one change for 2010: No quitting.


Easy concept, but complicated in the way that it applies to EVERYTHING. Unfortunately, diets too..which is why you won't catch me saying anything crazy--like a 3 day chicken and vegetable diet.


I've been quitting things my entire life. Gymnastics, Ice Skating, Softball, Soccer, Sign Language, Stamp Collecting, Rock Collecting, APEX crap, Philosophy Classes, Sunday School Classes, Piano, Guitar, Voice Lessons, certain book lists I created, cooking, relationships...I just quit. Sometimes, I got bored. Other times, it just got hard. And I became a master at finding easy-way outs.

So now for 2010; I will fight.

1 comment:

Xann Tay said...

Thanks for following my blog, Amanda. I like the way you write and express... simple yet inflicting. Thanks for sharing. :)