Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cubicle for one, please.

I never should have researched job openings. It makes me crazy for a multitude of reasons, which I will now list.

1) The job description. I realize you can "professionalize" any job with certain words. I can make my position at All About Pets sound like a complex, responsibility-cloaked managing job (I don't just sit behind the counter and write blog entries after all).
2) I can't picture myself performing some of these tasks--simply because I never have. And what if they don't teach me first? I'm really starting to doubt the point of college.
3)NEW YORK. Of all the job postings I was interested in, only one was somewhere other than NY. And none were in Memphis.
4)I actually love my current job. It's the new experience I crave. And maybe more $.
5)What should I be doing? Purpose? Passion? Too many decisions. Too many questions.


So I put it out of my head, I diligently cut the UPC's off of expired products. I finish The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves letters btw). I don't think about it. And then I think about what I'm not thinking about, and my head hurts.

What should I do with my life?

No comments: